Get a glimpse into your heart with computerized tomography
A cardiac computer tomography (CT) test is an effective, non-invasive way to give the specialists at AHVI a detailed look at your heart and find calcium blockages in your arteries. A CT scan is quick and painless, and the results provide much more detail than a traditional X-ray by using a series of X-ray beams to create cross-sectional images.
This article from the American Heart Association gives a full overview of the procedure, provides preventative tips and even offers a glimpse into what our specialists can identify from a CT scan, including:
- Your heart’s structure and how well it pumps blood through your body
- Any scarring of the heart muscle caused by a heart attack
- Plaque buildup and any narrowing of your coronary arteries
- Any abnormalities in the large blood vessels leaving the heart
- Your risk for a heart attack
At AHVI, we’re proud to offer CT scans and several other imaging and diagnostic testing services that can help determine your overall cardiovascular health. To make an appointment, visit AlaskaHeart.com or call 907-561-3211.