Mission & Vision
The Alaska Cardiovascular Surgery Center’s (ACSC) mission and vision is to provide quality health care and promote good health.
- ACSC opened in April 2013, as the surgery center for the Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute. On Sept. 18, 2013. it was certified by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
- ACSC is open every Wednesday and handles four to seven cases a day.
- ACSC is one of only a few in the nation that specializes in cardiovascular services, and it is the only cardiovascular ambulatory surgery center in Alaska.
- The unique cost-saving model used by ACSC allows its staff to maximize their resources, give insurance carriers the best prices possible and, ultimately, provide the most effective care at a relatively low cost for our patients.
Physicians & Staff
- The ACSC team consists of physicians, anesthesiologists, nurses and technologists whose goal is to make ACSC a premier cardiac facility not just in Alaska but nationwide.
- Board-certified physicians operate ACSC with advanced training in their respective sub-specialties.
- The team at ACSC is dedicated to and engaged in continued training in cardiology. All staff members of ACSC as well as the Alaska Heart & Vascular Institute become trained in advanced life support, if they are not already.
- ACSC is an outpatient facility where patients who do not require an overnight stay can have surgical procedures are performed.
- The center provides patients with comprehensive care before, during and after surgery, and all staff and are dedicated to maintaining a pleasant atmosphere where quality patient care, comfort and safety are top priorities.
- Family, friends and loved ones play an important role in patient healing and recovery. ACSC aims to make patients’ visitors as comfortable as possible.
ACSC is located in Providence Alaska Medical Center in the E Tower, on the third floor above the Emergency Room. Free valet parking is located at the main entrance of the hospital.
Lisa Long, RN, MSN
Alaska Cardiovascular Surgery Center
3220 Providence Drive, Suite E3-083
Anchorage, Alaska 99508