- Pre-op phone calls will be performed so they cannot be heard by other patients.
- Pre-op interviews, consents and financial interviews will be conducted in a private area.
- Patients are to be covered to the extent allowed by specific operative procedures.
- In recovery, patients are kept covered and curtains kept closed to the extent allowed for safe patient care.
- All patients are strongly discouraged from bringing any valuables from home. This includes but is not limited to: jewelry, cash, credit cards, personal mementos and electronic devices.
- If the patient brings valuables and a family member or close friend accompanies the patient, these items will be given to the family/friend.
- If the patient’s family/friend is not to be given the valuables or the patient is alone, his/her valuables will be placed in their belongings bag and kept near their bedside.
Family, friends and loved ones play an important role in patient healing and recovery. Here at the Alaska Cardiovascular Surgery Center, we recognize that our visitors have had to make arrangements to spend time with their loved ones. We aim to make visitors as comfortable as possible.